Luke Jones - Software Engineer
I am a strongly focused software engineer with a broad range of skills. I am very passionate about open source software, Linux, and low-level programming in Rust or C/C++.
I am in my final year of study for a Bsc in Software Engineering and will be finishing study part time while working full time.
My ideal job would encourage me to learn new technologies and experiment with them while also focusing on low-level programming. The work will be focused on the GNU/Linux OS. The workplace would have a strong community, and value diversity. It will allow me to work remotely.
- Broad knowledge (varying degrees) of: Linux, version control, profiling, debugging, build tools and environment, and RPM packaging.
- Strong problem solving and research ability.
- I can learn most languages to a proficient enough level for use in a few days.
- Have experience in concurrency (primarily Rust), game engine development and hardware programming.
- University level experience in: software architecture and design, hardware logic design. Also experienced team work through many university courses.
- Contribution to open source projects in many forms such as bug reports, code and patch submissions, triaging, and packaging. I maintain the Rust packaging for openSUSE.
- Self motivated – plan and set goals to achieve.
(November 2017 +)
Distributed applications development, cryptography and protocol development using the Rust language.
Google Summer of Code 2017 (participant)
Unrelated Work Experience
(2000 - 2014)
Mechanic, welder/fitter/turner, sales, computer repair.
BSc in Software Engineering
Apprenticeship in Heavy Fabrication (AMTEC Engineering)
Apprenticeship focused on fitting/welding heavy fabrication
- Mentor for Google of Code project
- Employed at Endless Mobile Inc.
- Email: email@example.com